Centre for Action on Rape and Abuse (CARA)
Address: PO Box 548, Colchester, CO1 1YP
Services Available To:
Adult women and men, young people (aged 13-19) and children aged 12 and under.
CARA provides independent, specialist support to victims and survivors of any kind of sexual violence. The services we provide include:
- Specialist counselling for adults.
- Specialist counselling and support for young people.
- Play therapy for children of 12 and under and support for their families.
- ISVA (Independent Sexual Violence Adviser) support through the criminal justice process.
- Advocacy services including advice and support around benefits, housing issues and health appointments.
- A women-only social group with creative and holistic activities.
Services for women can be provided in a women-only environment on request.
CARA is part of the Essex Rape and Sexual Abuse Partnership which delivers services across Essex as Synergy Essex.