Duke & Duchess of Sussex to visit their local Rape Crisis Centre
Rape Crisis England & Wales member Centre, Survivors' Network has announced that Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be visiting their Centre on Wednesday 3rd October 2018, where they will meet with service users, volunteers and staff.
Sharon Marks, Chair of Trustees at Survivors’ Network, said:
“We are absolutely thrilled that TRHs the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be visiting Survivors’ Network, the Rape Crisis Centre for Sussex, where they will hear about the challenges facing survivors of sexual violence and their supporters."
Survivors' Network supported over 1,500 people of all ages and genders over the last year, offering counselling, therapeutic groups, drop-in groups, a helpline and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors (ISVAs), as well as activities supporting well-being and recovery such as yoga and a community allotment project.
Last year, Survivors' Network delivered over 2,600 counselling sessions and supported 525 clients who were involved with the criminal justice process in Brighton and Hove and East Sussex.
Jay Breslaw, Director of Survivors' Network said:
"Sexual violence and abuse can happen to anyone and we support people of all genders and ages along their recovery journey. We are really looking forward to showing the Duke and Duchess the impact of our work in Sussex."
Katie Russell, for the national umbrella body Rape Crisis England & Wales added:
"Rape Crisis is delighted that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are choosing to take an interest in sexual violence and abuse, and highlighting the needs and rights of the hundreds of thousands of people impacted."