Rape Crisis


If you usually live in the United Kingdom, have been raped in another country and are still there, you can contact the local British Consulate or Embassy for assistance, including medical and legal help.


Rape and sexual assault abroadThe Foreign & Commonwealth Office leaflet Rape and sexual assault abroad will give you more information.


If you have reported to the police abroad, you will then need to report to your local police on your return, as they may be involved in handling any legal papers. All papers for the prosecution will have to be in the local language of the country where the attack took place. A good solicitor in the UK can help you with this.


Once you are home, contact the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) for updates on the case.


You can visit the Rape Crisis Network Europe website for information about specialist support services in other European countries.


You can also find more information about sexual violence support services outside England and Wales on our International sexual violence support services page.


Or find your nearest member Rape Crisis Centre in England or Wales here or by clicking on the orange button to the right.