members area
Rape Crisis (England and Wales)
Rape Crisis (England and Wales) topimage

reporting rape abroad

You can contact the local British Consulate or Embassy to ask for assistance in getting medical and legal help if you are still abroad.

If you have reported the incident/s to the police abroad, you will then need to report it to your local police on return; as they may be involved in handling any legal papers. All papers for the prosecution will have to be in the local language to the country where the attack took place. A good solicitor in the UK will help with this.

Once you are home the Foreign Office is the place to contact for up-dates on the case.

Please contact your nearest Rape Crisis Centre for a list of rape crisis centres abroad or visit